Today is the day that Chromecast celebrates it's first year since Chrome it's launching to the market was announced and it hasn't stopped surprising us since then.
Lot of things happen since that moment but the numbers don't lie, since then and until today the users have pressed the Cast button more than 400 million times, search for a football match, listening to music, watching films or TV serials on their projector or TV screen.
Until this moment the Chromecast has reached 30.000 stores over 20 different countries and to celebrate it Google is offering to all the Chromecast users a 90-days subscription to Google Play Music that could be redeemed from the July 24th until the September 30th at this link.
Either you are a new user or an experimented one we leave you here 5 things to try with your Chromecast:
- Play a YouTube playlist.
- Slideshow your last travel photographs to share with your family.
- Watch your favorite films using a streaming service like Netflix.
- Try out Chrome Extension that allows you to send almost any internet video to your Chromecast.
- Search for new apps that fits your needs on your Android mobile or in your Chrome browser.
In the following weeks the Chromecast users will be seeing new features that could make their live easier and will bring new usages like the next ones:
- Feature mirroring from any Android device screen to the TV.
- Allow casting in your TV without being in the same WiFi network.
- Customize the welcome screen with your own photographs.